Thursday, September 18, 2008

What to say, what to say

if you haven't figured this out by now, I'm not a regular blog poster. It drives me nuts when I click on a blog and realize that it hasn't been updated in weeks (or months), and yet, I do the same thing. I just trust that all of you are much more blog-savvy that I and have everything set up on one of those automatic thingeys that tell you when someone has updated their blog. So you're not actually clicking on me all the time to see if I've updated or not (like I do to all my blogs).

I reached my breaking point with the whole church thing. I just haven't been going. Not a solution, I know, but I am just beyond frustrated with it. I may write the next part of it, eventually, but for now I don't even really know where to pick up with my current frustrations or how to put it in words. I did love and really appreciated everyone's comments on the last post about church - but I also have to be honest and say that it kind of made me more frustrated, because it seemed like you have things figured out and your spouse was much more flexible than mine. Ugh. Here comes the pity party.

In good news though - and you should feel really special that I'm revealing this here - which I can only do because I trust that no one I actually know has stumbled upon this blog and knows its me - but I'm pregnant! It's early still, and we haven't told anyone and won't for a few weeks. I hadn't even told anyone when we were planning on starting to try to get pregnant, so although I'm sure people are wondering if we are thinking about a second kid or not (I know my MIL is very interested in more grandchildren and has been hinting often that since J is not a baby anymore, she needs another baby around!), no one really knew for sure and so we should be able to keep it quiet until we are ready to tell, which will be after we see/hear the heartbeat around 10-12 weeks. I've had two miscarriages in the past, so I really don't get too excited yet. I'm not even feeling pregnant yet - I took a pregnancy test again last night just to check again! But we're cautiously optimistic and hope that everything continues to go good.

PS - If you are on my facebook list, please don't say anything on there about the pregnancy! That probably goes without saying, but I figured I should mention it just in case.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Congratulations! :)

    By Blogger Morgan, at September 18, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

  • Sorry about the church confusion...hopefully it'll work itself out!

    Congratulations on the new baby!

    By Blogger Chastity, at September 20, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

  • Congratulations on the pregnancy! I am one of those people who periodically clicks on blog links to see if they've been updated, but I happened to check yours just a few days after you updated it. :)
    Hopefully you'll be one of those lucky people who doesn't feel pregnant in the first trimester. It's very tough to feel like death when you're chasing a toddler around all day!

    By Blogger Karen, at September 20, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

  • Congrats! That's so exciting!

    By Blogger Anth, at September 26, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

  • Congrats! I'm obviously like you & actually click here & there to see if you've updated. How far along are you?

    And for the record, my husband is not being flexible on the church/religious thing either. Ava & I have been going to a church that I love all year & Ed has only come with us a handful of times. I know how frustrating it is!!

    By Blogger Liz, at September 29, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home