Thursday, December 13, 2007

Facebook

So I joined facebook recently (which may account, in part, for my lack of interest in blogging) and although its been fun to reconnect with some random people from my past, I'm really not too sure of the point exactly. Is it kind of a "collect as many 'friends' as you can" game? Or are you supposed to be actually now keeping up with these people, many of whom are folks I haven't talked to in YEARS? And I capitalized that because I now have about 6 facebook friends who are people I went to elementary school with and have not talked with since. It is pretty exciting to come across somebody and realize that you knew them 20 years ago and then think "wow, they are an adult now . . . just like me!" since most of these people are frozen at about age 10 for me. But am I supposed to now send them notes and post on their wall? Or do we just take movie quizzes and say to ourselves "oh, if only we had kept in touch these past 20 years, we could have seen a lot of movies together because we have similar taste!" or "good thing we haven't talked in 20 years - we don't like the same movies!"

I think I'll keep doing it, because it's fun to see all these random people, but I just don't really get the point. Other than it's one more way to waste time.

And if you are on facebook and want to be my "friend", email me at midwesttexan(at)gmail(dot)com. I'll come out of anonymous blogger land for you. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I have a Facebook account, but I'm just not crazy about the format there. It seems SO application crazy. I think that's all people do on there is add new applications and torment their friends by inviting them to add more applications. I actually prefer MySpace for actually keeping in touch, but that's me. I spend most of my time on Facebook playing Tetris, lol.

    By Blogger Chastity, at December 19, 2007 at 11:37 AM  

  • I'm with Chas, I prefer myspace too. That was you who recently found me on facebook though, right? How in the world did you find me? I had to think awhile to figure out it was you! Or am I wrong?

    By Blogger Liz, at December 20, 2007 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home