Monday, June 11, 2007

This is the way I live

One of my favorite ways to "de-stress" is singing out loud and dancing in my car. And more often than not, the songs that really make me relax and laugh are hip-hop and rap. I think because the image of me, dancing along to hip-hop in my car, with the bass turned up and the windows down, is pretty funny. And it's a riot when someone in the car next to me notices me trying to dance like a hip-hop dancer! The song that I've loved lately, and that I sing with J all the time around the house (remember the Friends episode where Ross and Rachel sing "baby got back" to baby emma to make her laugh?), is Baby Boy Da Prince's The Way I Live.

I love, love, love this song. I almost have the whole thing memorized, and it's a blast to sing with J while we dance around together. It's also a great sing-along-in-the-car song.

Have you heard this song? I was trying to find a link to a clip online, but couldn't. Oh well.

Here's the chorus:
This is the way I live
Lil' Boy still pushin'big wheels
I stack my money, lay low, and chill
Don't need to work hard that's the way I feel, I feel, I
This is the way I live
Lil' Boy still pushin' big wheels
I stack my money, lay low, and chill
Don't need to work hard that's the way I feel, I feel, I
This is the way I live

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • That's awesome!
    I don't know that song, but I'm the same way. There are certain hip-hop/rap songs that get me going. Usually old ones.

    By Blogger Karen, at June 12, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home