Friday, March 30, 2007

Good news!

I found out yesterday that one of my good friends, who had a little girl (E.) that is 3 weeks younger than J., has quit her job to stay home full time! I am so excited for her - she has wanted to be home since E. was born, but also felt like she should go back to work and give it a try. She had been working for almost 15 years and has done really well in her job. She received a promotion shortly after going back to work from maternity leave, which seemed to make it harder for her to then leave, but she decided this week that E. wasn't getting older any slower and she needed to be home with her. She is so happy about her decision and grateful to be able to stay home with E. And J. and I are so excited to have her and E. around during the day and able to go on walks and out to breakfast like we did during our maternity leave! We have some fun moms and kids that we hang out with from our moms group and playgroup, but I will really enjoy having E. and her mom around - we are already talking about plans for doing stroller aerobics together, and I'm sure there will be lots of playground trips in the next few weeks!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Chastity, at April 1, 2007 at 3:52 PM  

  • As a mom who has just made this very decision, I can say that it is a hard one to make it first. Then when you start weighing your priorities it suddenly isn't a decision at all.

    By Blogger Chastity, at April 1, 2007 at 3:55 PM  

  • So glad she was able to make that decision. I pray every day that we can make that happen for us. I want so badly to be able to be with my baby everyday once she's born!

    By Blogger Liz, at April 2, 2007 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home