Monday, March 17, 2008

House

So our house is now under contr.act, after one week on the market. I'm frustrated though because we let our age.nt talk us into taking less than we wanted and now I'm feeling like we shouldn't have done that, especially since we just found our that the money we are using for the down pay.ment is going to be 6K less than we thought because of taxes. And I think our house is worth more than what it's going for and we could have gotten more. Oh well. We're just not going to agree to much on the inspections if it is going to cost us money because we just won't have the cash to do it. We also thought it would take longer to sell our house, which was better because that gave us more opportunity to save from our paychecks and bonuses. So I'm feeling screwed.

And we're rushing now to find a house, which is making me discouraged because I don't like anything out there! I hate how houses look great in the pictures and awful in person. And I don't want to end up homeless in between this house and the next.

And of course I'm loving our current house now that its in perfect condition to sell. And I'm sad to leave it, because it was our fir.st home. And J came home to this house and I love his room here. And I'm not looking forward to packing.

So in general I'm feeling rather negative today.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I know you aren't feeling it yet, but that's great that it sold so fast! We made the mistake of buying and moving before we even listed our old house, and now we have no idea how long it will take to sell. I had the same feelings though as you. It was the house we lived in when we got married, when Ava was born...I hated the thought of leaving, but you will be making new memories in a new house!

    By Blogger Becca, at March 17, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

  • I had mixed feelings about selling our first home too. I know that once it's all said and done, you're going to be happy.

    By Blogger Chastity, at March 17, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home