Tuesday, March 18, 2008

House, part 2

I have a feeling that I will have about 100 posts on the house by the time its all said and done. Its just that it's feeling very all-consuming right now, and I think since this is the first time we've ever sold a house, all the unknowns and uncertainties are really making me stressed.

Thanks for the reminder that we'll be making new memories in the new house - I hadn't really focused on that as much and I think once we do find a new house, I'll feel less emotional about leaving this one because we'll have something to look forward to.

The inspections are tomorrow. I was able to get our city inspection scheduled for the morning and then the buyers' inspection is in the afternoon. So we'll know what the city has said by the time we get the buyers requests back and can hopefully use the city report as leverage against any problems they have found if the city had approved everything.

We're going to look at a few more houses tomorrow night - there are two that we're really excited about, so hopefully something will work out. We also met with our accountant last night and found out we'll be getting a nice tax return this year; we also discussed with her how to structure our tax payments on the money we're using for the down payment so that we have more of it available as cash right now and then we can spread out the ta.x payments over the course of the year. This means we won't have a refund next year and will have to save additional for taxes throughout this year (either Husband will increase his witholdings at work or we will put his bonuses towards the taxes), but it works so much better to spread out the tax liability over the year than pay it all right now when we close the funds. So I'm relieved about that working out.

I'm going to try and do something other than house things for the rest of the afternoon. I have work to do, and a whole bunch of shows saved on the DVR, so I may go fold some laundry and watch tv. J is asleep now - he only napped for about 45 minutes yesterday - so I'm hoping he'll take a good nap today!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I hope one of those two houses works out for you guys!! We had a crunch time in finding a house too, but it all worked out in the end.

    By Blogger Chastity, at March 18, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home