Monday, January 21, 2008

the music of the past

I think I'm going to have to stop listening to some of my favorite music - I've realized that it just has too strong of a connection to things, and people, and events, of my past that every time I hear these songs, I think too much of the past. And while that might be good sometimes - because it's always nice to realize how far you've come - it can really pull you down to focus so much on the past.

I love these songs and the artists, and sometimes I love the memories they evoke. But lately they've just made me more nostalgic for the past, and I've been spending too much time thinking about some of the people in my past and what they're doing and what might have been.

And that's just no good for right now.

1 Comments:

  • Are we talking about ex boyfriends? My ex-fiance was a big music person and a lot of music brings back memories of him, some good, some bad. I can't listen to a David Byrne song w/out thinking of him.

    By Blogger Chastity, at January 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home