Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Life with a toddler

I need to remember that when living with a toddler, after every bad day, there will be a good day again.

Yesterday - 30 minute nap.
Today - 2.5+ (he's still asleep!) nap

Yesterday - breakfast on the floor, in his hair, on me, on the window, and on the dog.
Today - asked for MORE and it only took me 3 minutes to clean up the mess, because there was none!

Yesterday - screamed and cried for the trash truck to come. begged me to open the front door for the trash truck. talked nonstop about "trash truck! outside! trash truck! pease, mommy!" Didn't seem to understand when I tried to explain that the trash truck only comes twice a week.
Today - the wonderful trash truck not only came, but for some odd reason, drove down our street THREE times. Thank you Lord.

Yesterday - pulled down all the clean cups that were drying on the counter.
Today - helped clean up his room before we left for school.

Yesterday - threw dinner everywhere and refused to eat most of it.
Today - I won't be home for dinner, so it's not my problem!

It gets really tiring sometimes having a toddler. I'm tired. Are you tired? If you aren't, why not?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • How funny. Yes, that sounds all too familiar. :)

    By Blogger Karen, at January 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

  • You just summed up a day in my house!

    By Blogger Becca, at January 16, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

  • You have several very sincere goals for 2008. I can relate to you. I had a very difficult 2007 and am dedicated to refocusing on my family and christian walk in this new year!

    I would like to introduce myself. I am a new WAHM and am excited to begin networking with moms and grandmothers who are juggling the many roles they have in life just as I am. I had a 15 year career as an accountant for a publicly traded company and I missed out on so many of the precious moments in the lives of my boys. In August of ’07 I finally took the step of faith and left my full-time employment so that I could have the time, energy, and flexibility to focus on the needs of my tween (age 12) and 1st grader (age 6).
    I have built a website which focuses on the essentials of family living, hence the name ~ www.essentialfamilyliving.com. One of my favorite topics of discussion is Family Fun Night and I have dedicated much of my blog space to this subject.
    I would love for you to view my site and blog then comment with any suggestions, advice, or encouragement. Thank you for the consideration.

    Blessing on your day!

    By Blogger Amy Strong, at January 17, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

  • Oh yeah, I'm tired...which is why I'm on this computer!

    By Blogger Chastity, at January 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home