Friday, October 5, 2007

And one more thing for today

The first part of this article really sounds odd . . . how does ri.ce "esc.ape"?

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/F9E99746BDD0DCE98625736B0077280E?OpenDocument

All of the recent food contamination and toy recalls is starting to make me concerned about what we eat and what J's playing with. I'm toying with the idea of starting our own garden - we don't really have a good space for it, and I tend to kill every plant I've ever had, but my parents were great gardeners and so I'm hoping it's in my genes somewhere and I just have to coax it out.

But rice? I can't grow rice. And hamburgers? I can't butcher my own cows! So even if I do start a garden, it's won't fix everything. And then there's things like this. I don't want to live in fear, but there is so much out there that goes wrong that sometimes I wished we had a little bubble with everything we needed inside.

[I had to go back and edit this to keep the phrase "ric.e es.cape" from showing up on a google search - I made the mistake of telling a "real-life" friend about the article and the phrase r.ice es.cape, and she was going to go look it up! So I didn't want this blog to pop up when she did!]

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home