Tuesday, September 18, 2007

calling Husband at work

J's napping right now, and although I am technically "working", I've also been reading the local news headlines. One in particular caught my eye - about a car that hit and critically injured some lunch time diners who were outside at a restaurant that I know Husband frequents for lunch. So just to make sure that it wasn't him that was hit, I called up to his office. He didn't answer his office phone, so I tried his cell, which he did answer but with a really irritated tone of voice. He rudely asked "what do you want" and when I proceeded to tell him why I was calling, he said "no, I'm obviously fine, I'm in my office and I have to go". And then hung up.

So this interaction made me irritated! I don't call him at work all that often - maybe once a week, and then usually only late in the day (around 5:30) to find out when he'll be home for dinner if he hadn't told me already. Obviously, he only answered the phone because he may have though something was wrong and then was irritated when it was something he deemed as me being paranoid and not a real issue.

I would think he would be glad that I cared enough to make sure he hadn't been him that was eating there when the car hit the restaurant! Instead, I think he's thinking that I have nothing better to do than read the newspaper while he's working hard - so I've managed to just further perpetuate his ideas that I do nothing all day. Ugh.

On a more positive note, it finally got cold enough last week for a big pot of chili! I love winter food - stews, crockpot meals, chili, soups, etc. This batch turned out really good and we've been enjoying the leftovers. Here it is, with all the yummy toppings I love on chili (fritos, cheese, sour cream, and green onions):




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • My husband has made me feel that way about calling him at work a few times. His reasoning is mostly b/c his boss is in his office a lot, and when I call him his boss (who is a total idiot and has a crush on my husband, I swear!) kind of gives him a hard time. Regardless of the reason, it sucks to feel like you can never call your husband and ask a question, especially if you're not making a habit of it.

    By Blogger Chastity, at September 18, 2007 at 9:04 PM  

  • That chili looks YUMMY! I also love winter food. I especially love using the crock pot for soups and stews, but I have to resort to using it in hot weather since that's what it's like 10 months out of the year. :)

    That would really irritate me if my husband shrugged off the call like that. Understandable if there's a lot going on, but LATER it would be nice for him to tell you he appreciates your concern. Hopefully he did.

    By Blogger Karen, at September 19, 2007 at 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home