Sunday, June 3, 2007

Since I'm unoriginal today

We had a long weekend - it kicked off with J puking all over the playground, his carseat on the way home, and his bed (all while Husband was out of town) and its just gone downhill from there. So rather than detail out all the misery, I found this really cool Ipod meme at Musings of a Housewife that I'm going to do:


INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question even if it doesn’t make sense.

NO CHEATING!

How do you feel today? Prone to Wander by Chris Rice (yes, I'd like to wander off to the salon for a pedicure, then my favorite restaurant for dinner and drinks)

What's your outlook on life? The Valley by Sarah Masen (actually, I'm a little more upbeat than being in a valley all the time - there are high points!)

What does your family think of you? We Are Not As Strong As We Think We Are by Rich Mullins (hm, interesting.)

What do your friends think of you? You Look So Young by The Jayhawks (thank you friends)

What do your exes think of you? Never is Enough by Barenaked Ladies (I guess that says it all - I think the same about them!)

How's your love life? It's All Been Done by Barenaked Ladies (I have felt a little bored lately!)

How will your love life be in the future? I'll Miss You Till I Meet You by Dar Williams (but even though I'm bored, I don't plan on meeting anyone new)

Will you get married? Give a Little Bit by Sarah Masen (I am married, so this makes no sense)

Are you good at school? Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight by James Taylor (I was good at school probably because I spent a lot of lonely nights studying!)

Will you be successful? Save it for a Rainy Day by The Jayhawks (We probably should be saving for a raining day or else we will find ourselves unsuccessful!)

What song should they play on your birthday? Middle Man by Jack Johnson (again, this one makes no sense to me)

What song should they play at your graduation? Least Complicated by the Indigo Girls

The Soundtrack of your life? Land of Canaan by the Indigo Girls (this song actually is probably a really good one for my life - it was a constant background song throughout college and grad school and I associate it with some of the biggest decisions I made during those years)

You and your best friends are? Closer to Fine by Indigo Girls (yes, we are. Thank you very much!)

Happy times: Hallelujahs by Chris Rice (all good things come from above)

Sad times: Carolina in My Mind by James Taylor (I posted about this song here - it's the one song from the Greatest Hits CD that really reminds me of that night; funny that it would come up as sad though, because I don't really feel sad about that night)

Every day: Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson (I can't think of anyone who's gone that I think about every day, so again, doesn't make sense!)

For tomorrow: Smash by Goo Goo Dolls(what J does to my picture frames and breakables)

For you: In State by Kathleen Edwards

What does next year have in store for you? Stumbling Through the Dark by The JayHawks (this would better have summed up last year as my first year as a mother! Didn't know what I was doing, and I was up alot during the middle of the night!)

What do you say when life gets too hard? Deep Enough to Dream by Chris Rice (yep, I'm dreaming of a beach in Mexico and unlimited drinks)

What song will you dance to at your wedding? Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band (we did play this at our wedding, mainly because my college girlfriends and I love it!)

What do you want as your career? The Wood Song by Indigo Girls (ok, this is a strange title. I have to go listen to this song again)

Your favorite saying: One Man's Problem by The Jayhawks (actually, I do like to say "not my problem" that's close!)

How will you die? Better Things by Dar Williams (because we know that what waits for us in Heaven are definitely "better things")

Most of these turned out a little strange and didn't make sense! Oh well, it was fun to do. I started trying to link to the albums, but that was too much effort. I also realized that for some reason my shuffle picked alot of songs from the same artists. I must have the settings set that way. I do have more diversity in my music than just these artists!

I'm tagging anyone that wants to do this. Just leave a comment so I can read your shuffle picks!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home