Thursday, May 10, 2007

The white J.eep


Husband called today to tell me that he heard from his family member that works at a local car dealership. They knew that my J.eep was getting up there in mileage and that we had been talking about looking for another one soon, and they had just gotten in a used 2007 J.eep Grand Cherok.ee with almost no miles on it, and they were willing to sell it to us for very, very cheap. The previous owner apparently had bought it for his wife, who decided after only a week or two that she hated the color. So he exchanged it for a new color. The color? It's white.

First, my apologies for what I'm about to say to anyone who drives a white vehicle.

I hate white cars (and SUVs and trucks). I didn't always - my first car was actually a white P.ontiac Sun.bird that I LOVED. But then I got a dark green car, and then a dark silver car, and then a dark blue J.eep (my current vehicle). And in between all that I dated a guy that drove a white truck, and another guy that drove a white car, and both relationships did not end up happy. And you see where this is going?

Something about white vehicles just doesn't feel right to me anymore. I can't explain it - I can't even put it into words. I just feel it in my gut that I don't like them and I don't want to drive one for the next 5+ years.

But it's cheap. Really, really cheap. And its practically new. With almost no miles on it. We wouldn't be able to afford a new SUV otherwise. And it has the new J.eep body style and LATCH for the carseat. And did I mention it's practically new? Oh, and cheap?

I'm supposed to go up there Monday and take it for the day to drive around. I think they know that will make me want it. So this weekend, I'm going to try and get over this hatred of white cars that I have. I really, really want to like this white J.eep.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I have white cars and I'm totally offended.


    haha, I'm TOTALLY kidding!! Actually, we have a Dodge Caravan, Dodge Intrepid, and a Ford Ranger -all white- and we do not like any of them! We got them all for super cheap from family members and are trying to figure out what to do. I want to sell them all and buy two new vehicles, but I don't see that happening. What we're really going to do is sell the car or the van, so I have to figure out which one I do not like less. Anyway, you can tell that we take full advantage of the good deals! ha! :)

    By Blogger Morgan, at May 10, 2007 at 11:06 PM  

  • If it's a good deal, I'd go with it, despite the color. White vehicles aren't my favorite either, but really, you can't even see the color when you're inside the jeep enjoying the luxuries of a new 2007!

    By Blogger Liz, at May 11, 2007 at 12:47 PM  

  • My husband absolutely HATES white vehicles. He says they look unfinished somehow, like a blank canvas. Weird. I'm not a big fan either, wouldn't be my personal pick, but if it was a good deal I could get over the color.

    By Blogger Chastity, at May 11, 2007 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home