Monday, May 7, 2007

Suck it in

Do other women walk around all day sucking in their stomach and abs?

I have been feeling really frustrated with the lack of progress in getting this area of my body in shape. Pre-baby, I always had a little bit of a "pooch", and it's only been worse since having J. It makes me really self-conscious in certain clothes, because I feel like my baby fat is rolling over the top of my pants. And I fit in all my pre-baby clothes, but I really am having a hard time feeling good about myself because of this. I told Husband that when I'm done having kids, I want lip.o-diss.olve, and I'm only kind of kidding when I say that.

I was looking around today and felt like every woman I noticed had a flat belly, even those with 3 or 4 kids running around with her! And I realized that if I stand up straight, throw my shoulders back, and suck in my gut, then I look like I have a flat stomach also! So is this what I have to do all the time - practically hold my breath to hide the baby fat? It's really uncomfortable.

that was my favorite part of being pregnant - not having to feel self-conscious about my stomach. But I guess I can't be pregnant for the rest of my life just to deal with it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hehe! Just this morning I realized how I had gotten so used to that "sucking in the tummy" thing that I automatically tried to suck my tummy in when I woke up today, until I realized that I can't! I have to admit that it is nice to not have to worry about that. I'm sure I'll be in the same boat as you at the end of the summer.

    By Blogger Liz, at May 7, 2007 at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home