Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Make me happy

It's pretty easy to make me happy - I may complain alot, but there are some very simple things that make me smile. This sign, for example:

and I'm sure you're thinking: "there's a Starbucks going on on every corner in every town, so what's the big deal?"

Well, this sign is WALKING distance to my house. I can now take J and our handy jogging stroller with cupholders for a jog and end up with my favorite thing in the world - a decaf grande nonfat sugar-free vanilla latte (if it's fall/winter) or a decaf grande nonfat iced latte (spring/summer). I don't know why I like the hot drink with vanilla flavoring and not the iced version, but that's just the way I do it.

And even better is that less than a mile from my house, in the other direction, we have been promised a drive-thru Starbucks! The sign's not up there yet, so I'm still hoping that this isn't just a rumor going around town, exciting all the the coffee fanatics who, like me, think it's ok to spend the cost of lunch on a drink.

I do limit my consumption to only once, sometimes twice, a week, which is easier now that I don't go into the office every day (when I did work at an office, I was easily getting 1-2 drinks EVERY day, since I had a Starbucks walking distance to my office). I also limit it by only allowing myself to pay with a gift card, which my wonderful mother often loads up for me for my birthday and Christmas.

However, I am now feeling a little guilty about my choice of drink - I had been planning on doing this post for a while (I took the picture about two weeks ago), but just didn't get around to finishing it until today. And then this morning, I saw this post. I am offended and surprised by this "cup message", but I don't know if it will keep me from my new Starbucks. I am thinking about writing a letter to Starbucks to indicate my displeasure with their choice of quote. Maybe they will send free drink vouchers to anyone that was offended to keep them as a customer. :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • We've yet to get a Starbucks here in my hometown. I love coffee, but couldn't afford their prices for a cup of joe. Take care and have bookmarked you.

    Andrew

    By Blogger Andrew, at May 9, 2007 at 8:38 AM  

  • I know your dilemma. That is why I posted that post! I just do not know if I want to keep buying there or not. The morning of the day I found out about the quote, my husband gave me a 10.00 card for Starbucks.

    By Blogger Living to Love, at May 10, 2007 at 5:36 AM  

  • I can't believe they'd do that. I read your post yesterday and at first I was thinking well, it's just another stupid promotion and it will probably get them lots of attention. Then as I was telling my husband about it last night it hit me just how offensive it is. They are basically saying that millions of people who believe in God are ignorant. I'm fuming about it now!

    By Blogger Liz, at May 10, 2007 at 10:46 AM  

  • Now THAT'S exciting. :-) Cute blog.

    By Blogger Musings of a Housewife, at May 11, 2007 at 10:09 AM  

  • i'm so woefully behind on my blog reading. and i know i'm likely EXTRA late in this: but the blog looks fabulous! wonderful redesign!
    and a great big WOOT for the new starbucks opening near you. i lurves me some starbucks. i'm ashamed to admit it, because seriously? thousands of dollars spent on delicious lattes! starbucks fuels motherhood, it's true!

    By Blogger Liz, at May 20, 2007 at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home