Thursday, March 22, 2007

yum

I drove by Fudd.rucker's today on my way to a lunch meeting, and the urge for a burger was so overwhelming that I thought about calling to cancel my meeting and eating at Fudd.rucker's instead! I have a long history with this restaurant - my family used to go there almost every Sunday after church for lunch (we'd alternate with a pizza place). If you've never been there before, the way it works is that you place your order at a counter, then they call you to pick up your food when it's ready. Then, they have this huge condiment bar with every thing you could possibly think of to top a burger/chicken sandwich/salad with.

I developed a very specific (and slightly odd) way of eating my lunch there - I get the same thing every time* - burger with fries - and I take the burger apart and put melted cheese (my favorite part - they have these big vats of hot, melted cheese) on both sides of the bun and then top it with pico de gallo. I then eat the bun/cheese/pico by itself. I then top my burger (just the meat, since I already ate the bun) with the hot cheese, more pico, tomato, lettuce, pickles, and A1 sauce and then eat that with a fork. My fries I dip in melted cheese and top with a little pico or I dip it just in A1 sauce.

Sometimes for dessert I'll get either a rice krispie treat or a cookie. So, so good.

Well, I ended up going on to my meeting, but I called H. and asked if he'd be up for going there for dinner. He's not a big fan of Fudd.rucker's, but is indulging me tonight! Yeah! So in less than two hours I will be eating a delicious burger and fries! I can't wait.

* almost every time. I went through about a 6 month period where I only ordered the chicken taco salad, but then I went back to my usual.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home