Sunday, January 28, 2007

Weekend fun

This was a good weekend - Friday night I went out with a few friends (all moms; our babies are within 3 weeks of each other) for manicures/pedicures, and then out to dinner. It was a lot of fun! I hadn't gone out with a group of girls in a really long time, and I forgot how nice it is to just sit around with other women talking and drinking and having a good time without the guys there! Not that I don't like having the guys around, but it just seems like they have a tendency to dominate the conversation sometimes.

I also had a Manhattan to drink on Friday; I haven't had liquor since before I was pregnant (although I have had my share of beer/wine since he was born)! I forgot how much I love having a cocktail. Last night, H. and I went out to celebrate his birthday - we went to a new restaurant that was wonderful! We weren't able to get a reservation, so just went in as a walk-in and although they originally gave us a 90 minute wait, it ended up being only 45 minutes. And we didn't mind at all - they had this beautiful restored bar in a neat loft area of the restaurant and it was a great place to wait. I continued my drinking of cocktails with another Manhattan and then a grey goose martini (dirty) with blue cheese stuffed olives. So good. I was fairly tipsy by the time I finished both those drinks and then ended up nursing one glass of wine the rest of the evening. The food was great too, and we went all out with mushroom crepes and baked crab appetizer, a red leaf/pear/hearts of palm salad, stuffed tomatoes, green beans, beef tenderloin (cooked perfectly!), cauliflower risotto puree, and then espresso creme brulee and pineapple cake for dessert. After dinner we finished our wine in the bar and then headed home. We were still home by midnight - the days of staying out to 1 or 2 am are long gone.

Today I worked (we have programs on Sunday), we went to Mass, and now I'm catching up on my blogs while having a beer (Fat Tire). I'm about to go get in bed to watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters on ABC.

The only downside to the weekend is that J. has been really crabby lately - yesterday afternoon I packed him into the car and headed to the mall, mainly because I couldn't take his crying anymore and I figured he needed a change of scenery. I tried to find H. a birthday present, which was an unsuccessful goal, but I did find myself a new pair of jeans. I tried on a bunch of the trendy super skinny jeans, but couldn't imagine actually wearing them. So I went with an old standby - Citizens of Humanity Kelly bootcut jean. They were out of my size, however, so they ordered them and are having them sent to my house. I hope they get here soon!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home