Thursday, January 18, 2007

Vacation days

Since I left my pre-baby (and, for 5-months, post-baby) full-time job in December to start my work-from-home part time/stay at home mom job, I had been waiting on my check to pay out my vacation time from my old job. I used up all my sick days and vacation days during my maternity leave, but had accured a few more days during the 5 months I was back at work after maternity leave but before I quit. And the check hit my account today! Yeah! I love that I just got paid $1200 (not much compared to the pre-baby paycheck) for doing nothing! (If you could call staying home with a 9 month old "nothing".)

If only I could get paid this every week. :

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • woo hoo! Congrats on the $$

    By Blogger Angela O., at January 18, 2007 at 9:05 PM  

  • Just found your blog and am catching up...(always on the look out for other 'new' moms.)

    Your boy is adorable! Have fun spending (or, being reliable and saving - bah humbug) your vacation $$!

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 19, 2007 at 1:59 PM  

  • I need to find out if my job will pay me for my sick days when I quit if I haven't used them. An extra $1200 would be really nice!

    By Blogger Chastity, at January 19, 2007 at 3:26 PM  

  • Oh man, SWEET!

    I need to find a job that pays me for nothing! :-)

    I freelance and work from home. For me, one of the toughest adjustments has been not getting a regular paycheck. Even when I bill a boatload of hours for a particular job or project, I often have to wait around for a month (sometimes two or three) for a check to arrive. Feh!

    Dude, $1200! Sweeeeeet

    By Blogger liz, at January 21, 2007 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home