Wednesday, January 31, 2007

trading babysitting

I've started to trade babysitting with another mom, who is taking graduate classes. I was finding it really hard to work and keep an eye on J. at the same time, and I hated being in the middle of working and then having to just stop suddenly if he woke from his nap. So I had started to look for a part-time nanny, but in the process of doing that found out that my friend was also looking for someone. So we worked it out that I have her son here two half-days a week, and she'll have J. two half-days a week. The boys are about 2 months apart and play really well together - I just finished my two half-days for this week, and then she'll have J. tomorrow afternoon.

The only thing about this that I'm not sure I'm going to like is changing another kid's diaper. I used to babysit all the time when I was in high school and college, and even worked at a day care one summer, and I don't remember having this strong dislike of changing diapers. And I could care less about J's diapers. But it almost makes me want to puke every time I change this other kid's diaper. I'm wondering if his mom would think it was strange if he had a wet/dirty diaper every time she picked him up?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Trading babysitting sounds like a great idea! I might try to find someone to do that with me when I become a sahm.

    By Blogger Chastity, at February 1, 2007 at 6:13 AM  

  • We have a babysitting coop in my neighborhood, amongst a group of women.
    Basically, everyone gets $100 worth of poker chips and the going rate is $10/hour. You sit for them, get paid in poker chips. They sit for you, you pay them in poker chips.
    It's pretty cool.
    I'm really looking forward to going to the movies again!

    By Blogger liz, at February 1, 2007 at 8:52 AM  

  • That is so funny! I never really thought about it, but I guess I woudln't like that either. I have actually never changed a dirty diaper other than Jenna's. Never babysat anyone young enough to need a diaper change. But that's a great idea with the babysitting!

    By Blogger Karen, at February 1, 2007 at 11:47 AM  

  • sweet!!! What a terrific idea!!

    I'm not to big on other baby's poops myself... agh. Just hold your nose :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at February 5, 2007 at 11:32 AM  

  • I want a babysitter trader! (Minus the diapers.) In fact, I don't even like changing Landon's diapers now because he won't stay still.

    By Blogger Unknown, at February 5, 2007 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home