Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sausage and pepper pasta


I made sausage and pepper pasta for dinner last night, and it turned out really well! I had some Italian Sausage links in the freezer that I needed to use, which formed the basis for coming up with this dinner. I tend to not cook from recipes, although I might look up a few for ideas, and so this dinner doesn't really have a hard-and-fast recipe to follow, but here's the general idea of what I did:


Cooked Italian Sausage (I used Hot Salsiccia links) according to package (which generally says to place in skillet with 1/2 cup of water over medium heat for 20 mins, turning halfway through). Drain water from skillet, and slice cooked sausage into rounds. Put back into skillet and brown up for a few minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.

Meanwhile, cook package of frozen pepper strips (green, red, and yellow from Trader Joe's - cheaper than buying three separate peppers!) in microwave for about 6 minutes to defrost and heat.

Add cooked peppers to meat in skillet, along with garlic and italian seasonings (oregano, thyme, etc., whatever you like) to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

Add one can of Italian-style tomatoes (drained), cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes.

Serve over pasta (I used spinach fettuccine) with fresh Parmesan.

It was really good! H. loved it, and it looked really pretty in the bowls with all the different colors.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home