Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Five good things about today

1. I'm wearing my new cashmere long-sleeved t-shirt from Banana Republic that I got for over 75% off!

It looks like this, except with a crew neck instead of a V:


2. I managed to get in three miles at the Y this morning while J. played happily in the nursery (I love the Y - free childcare, it's all SAHM's in the morning, stroller aerobics on Tu/Th, great classes, and it's where I met my group of "mom" friends during prenatal aerobics - what the bar used to be for my social life, the Y now is.)

3. J. is taking a really long nap, giving me time for a shower, makeup, straightening my hair, blogging, email, etc. I should be using this time to work, but oh well.

4. Once J. wakes up, we are walking to the Mexican restaurant for lunch! Yum! I have tons of leftovers in the house I should eat, and some turkey that's about to go bad if I don't eat it soon, but I really want Mexican. I think I'll just make dinner tonight "leftover night" to justify my lunch. And since H. won't go to Mexican with me since we went last week, I have to go for lunch.

5. They are coming to finalize the measurements for our new window treatments in 10 minutes! And I'm sitting in the office/den enjoying our new carpet! I love home improvements.

2 Comments:

  • Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog and coming out of lurkdom. :) I love your blog & that it's anonymous...do you mind if I link to it? I started mamalovespapa.com as an anonymous blog, but it was getting to be too much work keeping up two blogs. I loved being able to say anything without worrying about my parents or inlaws reading it. Do you still visit the April 06 board? I do once in awhile, but mostly just go to my older son's board (October 04). I look forward to reading more of your blog and hearing from you!

    By Blogger Morgan, at January 10, 2007 at 1:18 PM  

  • Hi Morgan, thanks so much for reading and being my first comment! I still visit the 4/06 board some, but don't really post that often now - it was so helpful during pregnancy.

    By Blogger Midwest Texan, at January 11, 2007 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home